Your repeat prescriptions can be:
- Handed into your chosen pharmacy
- Complete slip in the practice and hand it in at reception.
- Ordered online via NHS App or by using the link above (if you are registered with System one.) If you are not registered with System one, please contact reception to find out how to register. A password will be required.
- Econsult- no password is required.
- Posted to the surgery by Royal Mail
Please note: We are unable to take requests for repeat prescriptions by telephone.
Please allow 72 hours, excluding weekends and Bank Holidays, for your request to be processed. If you encounter any problems, please telephone the surgery.
If you wish, we can send your prescription to any of the following pharmacies in Haverhill:
- David Holland
- Well Pharmacy
- Tesco Pharmacy
- Haverhill Pharmacy in the Surgery building (not affiliated to the Practice)
Regular medications will require a regular review with a doctor, and there will be a reminder on your prescription when it is due.
The dispensary staff will also regularly review your medication. Please do your best to respond when you receive a request to come in for a medication review. It may likely mean you need a blood test or blood pressure check before further medication is issued.
Not Registered for Online Services?
If you aren't registered for Online Services, please phone the surgery on 01440702010 to get your password.
Help with NHS costs
In England, around 90% of prescription items are dispensed free. This includes exemptions from charging for those on low incomes, such as:
- those on specific benefits or through the NHS Low Income Scheme
- those who are age exempt
- those with certain medical conditions
- More information is available at NHS Choices
These charges apply in England only. In Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales prescriptions are free of charge.
- Prescription (per item): £9.65
- 12-month prepayment certificate (PPC): £111.60
- 3-month PPC: £31.25
If you will have to pay for four or more prescription items in three months or more than 14 items in 12 months, you may find it cheaper to buy a PPC.
- Telephone advice and order line 0845 850 0030
- General Public - Buy or Renew a PPC On-line
There is further information about prescription exemptions and fees on the NHS website.