Your repeat prescriptions can be:
- Handed into your chosen pharmacy
- Complete slip in the practice and hand it in at reception or the repeat collection box in the reception area. (Due to covid-19 this will have to be delivered in the secure postbox in foyer outside the surgery)
- Ordered online using the link above (if you are registered with System one.) If you are not registered with System one, please contact reception to find out how to register. A password will be required.
- Econsult- no password is required.
- Posted to the surgery by Royal Mail
We are unable to take requests for repeat prescriptions by telephone. Like most GP's and pharmacies, we have found this system lends itself to error, particularly for patients with hearing impairments.
You can email the surgery (firstname.lastname@example.org) but this is not advisable due to the amount of emails we receive each day. However, it is an alternative if no other route is available.
Please allow 72 hours, excluding weekends and Bank Holidays, for your request to be processed. If you encounter any problems, please telephone the surgery.
If you wish, we can send your prescription to any of the following pharmacies in Haverhill:
- Boots on the High Street
- David Holland up at the Clements
- The Well Pharmacy on Camps Road
- Sainsbury's at Hanchett End
- Tesco at the supermarket
- Haverhill Pharmacy in the Surgery building
Regular medications will require a regular review with a doctor, and there will be a reminder on your prescription when it is due.
The dispensary staff will also regularly review your medication. Please do your best to respond when you receive a request to come in for a medication review. It may likely mean you need a blood test or blood pressure check before further medication is issued.
Not Registered for Online Services?
If you aren't registered for Online Services, please phone the surgery on 01440702010 to get your password.
Haverhill Pharmacy is independent to Haverhill Family Practice.
Haverhill Pharmacy simply 'share' the space they occupy within the surgery building and therefore operate different opening hours to the surgery.
If you have any complaints/queries regarding Haverhill Pharmacy, you will need to contact them directly or email their Manager (email@example.com). Our reception staff cannot assist you with any complaints you may have relating to the standard of care you receive from them.
Thank you for your consideration to this request.
Haverhill Family Practice
Help with NHS costs
In England, around 90% of prescription items are dispensed free. This includes exemptions from charging for those on low incomes, such as:
- those on specific benefits or through the NHS Low Income Scheme
- those who are age exempt
- those with certain medical conditions
- More information is available at NHS Choices
These charges apply in England only. In Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales prescriptions are free of charge.
- Prescription (per item): £9.15
- 12-month prepayment certificate (PPC): £105.90
- 3-month PPC: £29.65
If you will have to pay for four or more prescription items in three months or more than 14 items in 12 months, you may find it cheaper to buy a PPC.
- Telephone advice and order line 0845 850 0030
- General Public - Buy or Renew a PPC On-line
There is further information about prescription exemptions and fees on the NHS website.