Suggestions & Complaints

Want to make a complaint?

Please feel free to pass on any comments you have about the service we provide.

We welcome complaints as a chance to address deficiencies on our part – and we welcome compliments as a means of telling us what’s right.

Complaints should ideally be put in writing and addressed to Practice Operations Manager Mrs Rachel Mack, although you are of course free to discuss things informally with any of the doctors or with Rachel first. Sometimes things go wrong and we will always do our best to address any deficiencies on our part. We would rather have your feedback if you are unhappy so that we can improve things for the future.

Making a complaint will not affect your care or treatment. We adhere to the NHS complaints policy and will always acknowledge and investigate your concerns. A copy of our full complaints policy is available from reception. 

Complaint Form: Your Complaint - Haverhill Family Practice alternatively, please email your complaint for the attention of our Practice Operations Manager Mrs Rachel Mack to

There is also further help avaiable:

PALS (Patient Advice and Liaison Service)
What should you do if you want on the spot help when using the health service? The NHS expects all members of staff to listen and respond to you to the best of their ability. But sometimes, you may wish to talk to someone employed especially to help you.

The Patient Advice and Liaison Service known as PALS, has been introduced to ensure that the NHS listens to patients, their relatives, carers and friends and answers their questions and resolves their concerns as quickly as possible.

What does PALS do?

PALS will:

  • Provide you with information about the NHS and help you with any other health-related enquiry
  • Help resolve concerns or problems when you are using the NHS
  • Provide information about the NHS complaints procedure and how to get independent help if you decide you may want to make a complaint
  • Provide you with information and help introduce you to agencies and support groups outside the NHS
  • Inform you about how you can get more involved in your own healthcare and the NHS locally
  • Improve the NHS by listening to your concerns, suggestions and experiences and ensuring that people who design and manage services are aware of the issues you raise
  • Provide an early warning system for NHS Trusts and monitoring bodies by identifying problems or gaps inservices and reporting them.

Find out more
If you would like more information about PALS the functions it is intended to provide and the standards it should strive to achieve , please go to Patient Advice and Liaison Service - NHS Suffolk and North East Essex ICB or write to:  Patient and Liaison Service (PALS),  Rushbrook House, Papermill Lane, Bramford, Ipswich, Suffolk  IP8 4DE.   Or Freephone: 0800 389 6819 (Option 1).

From this you can expect an impartial and objective reinvestigation into your complaint by a member of the Suffolk & North Eaast Essex Integrated Care Board (SNEEICB).  Their investigation will also review how your complaint was handled at the Practice.

The Ombudsman can be contacted as follows:

Complaints helpline:  0345 015 4033 (Mon - Fri 8.30am - 5.30pm)

  • Fax:  0300 061 4000
  • (to complain online or down load a paper form)
  • Write to:    The Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman, Millbank Tower, Millbank, London   SW1P 4QP

Other Agencies include: 

The NHS Complaints Advocacy for Suffolk (VoiceAbility)

  • email:
  • Tel:  0300 330 5454 (Helpline Mon - Fri 9.00am - 5.00pm)
  • Write to:  VoiceAbility, Total Voice Suffolk, Ipswich Road, Stowmarket, Suffolk  IP14 1BE

NHS England:

You may also make your complaint directly to NHS England, who commission our service:

  • By telephone:  03003 11 22 33
  • By email:
  • By post:  NHS England, PO BOX 16738, Redditch  B97 9PT

You may also approach Healthwatch, the Independent Health Complaints Advocacy;

The local Healthwatch can be found at:

The IHCA is able to be contacted at: